Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Photo Enforcement in Globe Starts April 1

The City of Globe announces that the Redflex photo enforcement cameras will be activated at 12:01am.

The cameras are located at Highway 60 and Ragus Road, the Highway 60/188 junction at Kaiser Crossing; Highway 60 and Main Street (Central Heights), the Highway 60/70 junction and Highway 60 at Third Street. There will also be a mobile unit that can be used in residential areas as well as on the highway.

There will be a 30 day warning period. Violators during this period will receive warnings by mail. After that, violators will be issued citations.

1 comment:

  1. I live in the valley and travel to Show Low several times a month by way of Globe/Miami. I usually stop in Globe/Miami to have breakfast and/or lunch depending on the time of day. Also trips to Roosevelt lake and the National Monument. Recently I received a photo ticket for allegedly driving 14 miles over the speed limit which is simply not true. I have been driving for more than 50 years and have never had a speeding ticket!
    From now on I will simply avoid these two towns and use the route by way of Prescott. I have many friends that also use this route but made it a point to let them ALL know that Globe/Miami has become nothing but a speed trap for outsiders/tourist because the locals know where the cameras are and they are not the ones that will be paying these outrageous fines! All my friends agree and they will no longer take this route and will spread the word. I would have agreed to a $70 or $80 dollars fine to just make it go away, but $210.00 is nothing but highway robbery to say the least. BTW, if they think that they can extort this money from me, they will have to serve me, that is, if they can fine me. A letter in the mail will not due and I have filed it with my junk mail. Miami has become a ghost town and Globe is soon to follow.

    ReplyDelete